Thursday, December 2, 2010

Vivat Rex (1 of 2)

My life is a whirlwind. A fulfilling and happy whirlwind but a whirlwind nonetheless. Gore Vidal said famously that one should never turn down the opportunity to have sex or appear on television. I've taken this on board as a mantra however have amended slightly to include trail riding.

Having not touched my trail bike for two weeks it's come to pass that I find myself able (not at the expense of anything else) to ride two days consecutively.

Day one I shot to my favourite favourite place to ride, The Royal Albany Trails. This place is awesome. 16 and a half KM of tight, twisty, mesmerizing old school xc singletrack tucked Tardis like into a small block of Massey University Land. The trails are beautifully organised and the riding rewards concentration and makes one feel agile and strong.The trail swoops,snakes and turns back in and around itself seemingly endlessly. I never ever tire of switchbacks and I counted about 1590000 of them. Bring glasses (the vegetation can encroach at times), water (It's reeeally hot in the bush) and your full concentration. Leave your white 800mm bars at home.








No comments:

Post a Comment