Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One For The Rook, One For The Crow...

Out today on a (ultimately fruitless) mission to find a new UBS cable for my camera I came across this stunning work for $14 and I couldn't pass it up. I've always been rather enchanted by this album cover and having the chance to own it in a tangible form was too good to pass up.

This album sounds HUGE, apparently there are about 70000 guitar overdubs on each track or some such. It's pleasing to mine ears and I'm sure will be the soundtrack to many a solo spin. Their blog isn't bad at all either.

With a couple free hours tomorrow I'm heading out to my favorite place to ride in Auckland and will have heaps of photos to document I'm sure ( Turns out I can just mate my camera to the laptop. Who knew?). Apart from the daily commute the riding has been sparse as I've been (happily) wrapped up in my own modern life at the moment...



This thing is beginning to resemble a favorite family broom, three new heads and seven new handles. Only the cranks, stem and frame are stock, I'll burn through those eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment