Thursday, December 2, 2010

Packin' for bikepackin'

Heading to the Southern Isle tomorrow and will see the month out down there. Hoping to get in a spot of bikepackin', a catch up with family and friends, and a solid dose of hills, trees and water (thereby removing any need I have of taking 'pot shots' at coachroaches as they climb the walls). Perhaps stupidly, I have decided to pack my singlespeed roadbike for the trip. Memories of the pain suffered of my last one geared Tasmanian mission seem to have gone AWOL...

It's raining outside so packing feels appropriate. Huon has jumped at the opportunity to assist and has been happily twirling spanners and spinning wheels. He doesn't know it yet, but I've thrown the Weeride baby seat in for good measure. I'm keen as mustard to get the little bloke on the bike and up into the mountains. Roll on the morning I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment